Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Church in the Cloud?

churchincloud

I am always looking for ways to enhance our church's communication and sense of community between Sundays.  My explorations and experimentations sometimes border on overkill, but for the most part, I don't think that anyone can say that they feel disconnected... except, possibly, for those who don't use the Internet.  I'm working on that.

In the meantime, I wanted to share a great, thought-provoking blog post I discovered entitled, "The Church in the Cloud."

Here's an excerpt:

"What do you think might happen if the church adopted this “cloud” thing and consciously broke the connections that tie us to a physical location?

"What would it look like, for instance, if we learned to do community in the cloud? For one thing, we'd figure out how to be in each other's lives all the time, not just on Sundays when we all showed up at the same place. We'd find ways to be together, to pray together, to worship together, and to share each other's struggles. Our community would come from our being connected to each other through the work of God, through Jesus, in the Holy Spirit, and not attendance at the same event."

I encourage you to read the whole article, and to share your thoughts on it with me.

http://www.faithwebblog.com/2009/09/church-in-cloud.html

No comments:

Post a Comment