Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

“Why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus”

I recently watched this video that has been making the rounds on the Internet, and thought that I’d share it here.

“Why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus”

“See because religion says do, Jesus says done
Religion says slave, Jesus says son
Religion puts you in bondage, while Jesus sets you free
Religion makes you blind, but Jesus makes you see
And that's why religion and Jesus are two different clans
Religion is man searching for God, Christianity is God searching for man
Which is why salvation is freely mine, and forgiveness is my own
Not based on my merits but Jesus's obedience alone
Because he took the crown of thorns, and the blood dripped down his face
He took what we all deserved, I guess that's why you call it grace
And while being murdered he yelled
"Father forgive them they know not what they do."
Because when he was dangling on that cross, he was thinking of you
And he absorbed all of your sin, and buried it in the tomb
Which is why I'm kneeling at the cross, saying come on there's room
So for religion, no I hate it, in fact I literally resent it
Because when Jesus said it is finished, I believe he meant it”
~ Jefferson Bethke,
”Why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus”

What is true Biblical religion?

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27

1 comment:

  1. Seems to me like I just had a conversation very similar to this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete